FHLBank Atlanta's Veterans Products can provide you with a new way to engage military families and households in your community. The products provide funding for a home purchase or rehabilitation to veterans or active duty members of any branch of the U.S. military, or their surviving spouses.
- No homebuyer matching funds required
- Products available nationwide through FHLBank Atlanta members
- Customized financial counseling through FHLBank Atlanta's "Veterans Helping Veterans" program
Eligible homebuyers and homeowners must have incomes that are less than or equal to 80 percent of area median income, adjusted for family size.
Veterans Purchase Product
The Veterans Purchase Product provides up to $10,000 in down-payment and closing cost funding for the purchase or purchase and rehabilitation of a home. The home must be occupied as principal place of residence.
Veterans Rehabilitation Product
The Veterans Rehabilitation Product provides up to $15,000 for weatherization, energy efficient, and accessibility improvements of an existing owner-occupied home. Eligible improvements include exterior doors, HVAC systems, insulation, roof, windows, low-flow plumbing fixtures, exterior ramps and sidewalks, bathroom and kitchen renovations, door widening, floor replacement, and more.
- Home must be occupied as principal place of residence.
- Owner must have at least 30 days of current ownership by life estate or full interest in the fee title.
For more information:
Funds are available on a first come, first served basis. Members can access up to $1 million annually in total from all of the Bank's AHP Set-aside products.
*Other program requirements apply. Please see the Bank's Affordable Housing Program Implementation Plan for a complete description of requirements.