Explore Collateral Opportunities
Municipal securities are a great way to add lendable collateral value (LCV) for your institution’s borrowing needs. Municipal securities collateral offers many benefits, including:
- Flexibility to use as collateral for advances and letters of credit
- Second highest LCV percentage of eligible securities accepted by the Bank
- More stable collateral base than mortgage-backed securities since pay downs are less frequent
- Ability to receive projected LCV for your securities prior to pledging
Municipal securities must be held in your FHLBank Atlanta safekeeping account and meet eligibility requirements*:
- Bond must be rated AAA or AA and have proceeds that were used for real estate purposes
- Each bond must have a documented real estate nexus factor
- FHLBank Atlanta will determine real estate nexus factor and the amount of eligible funds as a percentage of the bond
To get started, call us at 1.800.536.9650, option 1, option 2. You can pledge securities immediately for advances and other borrowings as well as pledge them for deposits.
For questions about municipal securities eligibility, call your collateral relationship specialist or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Complete municipal security eligibility requirements are listed in FHLBank Atlanta’s Member Products and Services Guide.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta is not a registered investment advisor. Nothing herein is an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or derivative products. You should consult your own legal, financial, and accounting advisors before entering into any transaction.
Adapting During Times of Transition
This year has demonstrated the importance of preparation and adaptability in the financial services industry. During this time of relative uncertainty, FHLBank Atlanta has maintained its steadfast focus on serving as a trusted partner to our shareholders.