State-level Privacy Policies
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice:
The specific Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose relating to a California resident covered by the CCPA will vary based on our relationship or interaction with that individual. For example, this Disclosure does not apply with respect to information that we collect about California residents through our members who apply for or obtain our financial products and services (i.e., information subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). For more information about how we collect, disclose, and secure information relating to our members, please refer to our Member Privacy Statement.
Keeping Personal Information secure is one of our most important priorities. Consistent with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, we maintain physical, technical, electronic, procedural, and organizational safeguards and security measures that are designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or access, whether it is processed by us or elsewhere.
Sale of Personal Information
It is the Bank’s policy not to sell Personal Information, and we have not done so in the past 12 months.
Rights Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
(1) request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request (“request to know”) the categories of Personal Information that we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you; the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed to third parties for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such Personal Information; and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
(3) be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
You also have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. If you wish to designate an authorized agent, the Bank requires a valid power of attorney with express powers under the CCPA.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm that the Personal Information that we maintain relates to you, or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we may not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another individual or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s rights. We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request.
How to Make Requests
If you are a California resident (or an authorized agent thereof), you may make a request for the disclosures described above or make a request to delete Personal Information we collected from you using one of the below methods.
1. Members or others who have a relationship with the Bank may submit a request by calling 1.800.536.9650.
2. Mail a notarized copy of the request to the Bank at 1475 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.
Upon submission of your request, we will take steps to verify your identity. Those steps may vary, however, depending on your relationship with the Bank. We will work to process all verified requests to know within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension in order to process your request, we will reach out to you.
Privacy Notice for Recruitment of California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE FOR RECRUITMENT ("NOTICE") BEFORE PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE BANK
Purpose of this Notice
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, this Privacy Notice for Recruitment (“Notice”) describes how and why the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (the “Bank” or “us” or “we”) collects and uses personal information about you when you apply for an open position at the Bank and during the recruitment process with us, and with whom we might share such information. Please note that the usage of personal information may also be subject to other laws and the Bank’s legal and regulatory obligations.
This Notice is for California residents only, supplements the information contained in the privacy statements of the Bank and applies solely to current and former job applicants. It is important that you, as a job applicant, read and understand this Notice. If you have questions or do not understand it fully, please seek additional information from the Director of Human Resources.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
Personal information, means any information or combination of information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about job applicants as listed below:
- personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- name, gender, and birth date
- information of your qualification and education
- information of your work experiences, employment history, and current position
- information relating to the evaluation your suitability for the position as well as personal qualities relevant in respect of the position
- information received from references you have named relating to your former performance and suitability as well as personal qualifications relevant for the position
- any information you have provided us during the interviews
- assessment information relating to the position
- veterans’ status
- information about your background including criminal, credit and motor vehicle reports
Purposes for Which the Information Will Be Used
We use the information noted above to inform us about you, your qualifications and work history, which will allow us to perform a diligent and appropriate evaluation of you and your qualifications enabling us to make informed employment decisions. In the case the recruitment is concluded with a decision to offer you a job, the personal information and data collected during the recruitment process may be used to address any employment agreements, accommodations, and arrangements. Personal information and data collected from you may also be used to assess and address requirements under applicable equal opportunity employment laws and Bank diversity and inclusion programs and policies.
How the Personal Information is Collected About You
We collect personal information provided by you in your job application, resume, cover letter, and/or related documents, or any subsequent information you have provided during the recruitment process, including interviews. Information may also be collected through the following means:
- recruitment service providers or consultants providing recruitment services, e.g. pre-screening and interviewing applicants and handling candidates testing or assessments as a part of the recruitment process
- reference persons whose contact details you have provided to us
- social media designed for networking or recruitment purposes, e.g., LinkedIn and Glassdoor
- publicly-available websites
- Also, subject to the applicable laws and your consent, information may be obtained through background checks, security clearances, and other similar information sources deemed necessary due to the nature and security requirements related to the open position in question.
Personal Information Sharing
As a matter of course, we treat job applicant personal information as confidential and do not share such personal information with others except to Bank personnel involved in the hiring and recruitment process. We may share your personal information with different governmental authorities, institutions, or agencies, or insurance companies where required by law for the purpose of their tasks or on a need-to-know basis.
In cases where your personal information is shared with a service provider, it is safeguarded by contractual agreements, committing service providers to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions, and apply appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We may share your personal information with other third parties to fulfill our contractual obligations.
Reasonable Security of Personal Information
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed without proper approval. We limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties on a need-to-know basis, i.e., those individuals who need the access in order to fulfill the tasks and duties relating to authorized service delivery. All job applicant personal information is considered confidential and the Bank has an Information Security Policy that classifies, among other things, personally identifiable information (e.g., social security numbers) to ensure such information is properly controlled and protected.