Real Estate Professionals
Services for Real Estate Professionals
FHLBank Atlanta's Affordable Housing Program (AHP) homeowner assistance products provide down-payment, closing-cost, and rehabilitation funding to qualified homebuyers and homeowners. As a real estate professional, you can work with local FHLBank Atlanta member financial institutions to extend these funding products to prospective homebuyers in your community. The products can help you:
- Reach new customer markets, including both first-time homebuyers and non-first-time homebuyers, and grow your sales
- Access flexible down-payment and closing-cost funding for your customers without local government resources and with minimal paperwork
- Streamline your sales process by using FHLBank Atlanta as a one-stop-shop for subsidy funding
Each of the following products is targeted to households earning 80 percent or below the area median income. Individuals who would like to access funds must meet eligibility guidelines and apply for funds through an FHLBank Atlanta member financial institution.
Provides up to $15,000 in down-payment and closing-cost funding to current or retired law enforcement officers, educators, health care workers, firefighters, and other first responders; veterans or active-duty members of the U.S. military or their surviving spouse; and COVID-related essential workers that are first-time homebuyers or non-first-time homebuyers.
FHLBank Atlanta’s Community Rebuild and Restore provides funds for the rehabilitation of an existing owner-occupied home located in “Major Disaster Declaration” or "Emergency Declaration" disaster areas as designated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Maximum subsidy is $10,000
- No matching funds required
- Home must be located in a “Major Disaster Declaration” or "Emergency Declaration" area as designated by FEMA and located within the United States and its territories
- Funds can be used to correct deficiencies, resulting from the identified disaster, that impact the habitability of the property not associated with repairs covered under an insurance claim
- Homeowners must have 30 days of current ownership by life estate or full interest in the fee title and have ownership of the subject property at the time of the "Major Disaster Declaration"
- Automated application intake and funding through FHLBAsap, FHLBank Atlanta's online system
- Income and other eligibility requirements apply
Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Other program requirements apply. Please see the Bank's Affordable Housing Program Implementation Plan for a complete description of requirements
The First-time Homebuyer Product (FHP) provides up to $12,500 in funds for the down payments and closing costs of first-time homebuyers.